Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Wednesday 24 February 2010

Polyanna

I hope I don't sound as though I am complaining because I'm not, I really believe that good always comes out of bad, bit of a Polyanna syndrome, it can be helpful: two years ago I had two cars, but one day I had an accident whilst driving with alcohol, then there was one, and the insurance company refused to pay out because of my having been drinking, but the trouble I'd been having with my leg cleared up with the shock. Thankfully I hadn't yet sold my other car, and as I lost my licence for six months I lent it to my son. One day he took me to the bank and on coming back an old man ran in to us; and then there were none: I could have taken it further but didn't, not for the first time. I bought an old car very cheaply and it's the best little runaround that I've ever had. A very bad mouth infection forced me to the hospital leading me to discover that I am diabetic. If I'd carried on as I was, sometimes not eating for days, getting my calories from arguably the best beer in Brittany, I could have gone in to a coma or worse. Now the pub has gone, I'm in a very precarious situation, with the financial side not looking good at all, these are early days yet, I'm still optimistic, although there are clouds over the horizon, the owners are not unanimous, and it may be that I will need a substantial reserve sum if I am to stand my ground, but we don't know yet, the good to come is on hold. Two days ago Liliane and Gareth invited me to go with them to Douarnenez, to which I replied that with everything going on, it might be better for me to stay at home; the following morning with everything that went on I changed my mind, wanting to get out and join up with them, especially as Gareth is going back to Cymru tomorrow. Instead of contacting them directly as I should have done, I thought I'd surprise them, so I left my house and drove up to Uhelgoat to fill up with petrol only to find that I'd separated the ignition key from the main bunch because I won't be needing them for a while, but forgot to retain the key for the petrol tank; going back and fore added eight miles to my journey, it's my regular petrol station and in the wrong direction but if I'd gone straight on I might have ended up stuck somewhere; anyway, I got to Castellin/Chateaulin, gave Gareth a ring on his mobile only to find that I had the wrong number. Oh, what to do now? I carried on anyway, Douarnenez isn't that big, so there was an outside chance of meeting them. I had to find a Coreff bar with a Wi/Fi system because my acquaintances go to Coreff bars and the last time that Liliane went out she took her laptop with her, I didn't find one. I went down to the Port-Rhu parked my car in front of the 'Pourquoi Pas' and had a cup of tea, there was no Wi/Fi so I walked up into town straight into a massive hail and rainstorm, before entering the 'Café aux Halles' getting out my notebook computer, leaving messages around but no-one replied. I drank two teas and 4 coffees before leaving for the Port; on the way I espied a Coreff sign and on entering ordered one, but there were only bottles and as I didn't want a beer just for the sake of it I drank another coffee before heading on down to the Port, and although I've been to Douarnenez for the Festival of Minorities Cinema and for the boat pageant, I recognized this as a place where I'd been nearly 30 years ago with Elise and our daughter Morwen, I'd always wanted to see it again having no idea where it was. I continued my walk back to the Port-Rhu and my car, which was exactly what I needed, a long walk with the wind in my face in a place of memories whilst burning off the excess sugar in my blood, something that wouldn't have happened if I hadn't got the invitation. On arriving back home the phone rang and it was Gareth who'd finally got the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive