Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Sunday 14 August 2011

Marching to the Saints

For thirty years I stood behind a bar, when I was released in february last year I discovered that I'd lost the ability to run and walking up & down hills was problematic, then I started taking my camera to the canal & riversides, over fields and through forests. Today I rushed my breakfast and pulled on a pair of socks, one I noticed had a hole but I was in a hurry, I put on my walking shoes then I drove to Karaez to meet up with the group of marchers, no rambling, before setting out for Carnoet, the sock was pulling on my toe hurting but I didn't take it off until we arrived at a prearranged refreshment halt, after that my skin rubbed into the leather becoming raw. There were murmurs that they were walking too quickly with no time to take photos. It was a long stop at St Catherine's and just as they set out someone called to me a chat making it difficult for me to catch up. Rushing along the country lanes played havoc with my leg muscles leading to my getting severe & painful attacks of cramp, I had to stop to try and ease the pain but it kept moving from muscle to muscle making it almost impossible to walk, I struggled along until fortunately the organisers' minibus came back in case there were stragglers. There are 21 giant saints statues, today saw the official unveiling of 7 of the latest of 14 below the seven founding saints or archbishops, 5 of them Welsh, situated on the medieval motte above, in those days there was no difference between Welsh & Breton, but this is lost on the new generations of French Bretons, the saints are Celts ipso facto Irish because Wales is in England and they weren't English. I asked the driver if there was anyway of getting back to my car because I wasn't staying for the evening festivities including a fest-noz with Ar Breudeur Morvan, he told me that he was taking a group back after the unveilings and that I could go with them. The last statue unveiled was that of Saint Teilo which attracted many people from the village of Landelo, nearest village down the road from Plouie where I live. I took photos, had a chat, went to where the minibus was parked only it wasn't. The countryside outside Carnoët is not easy to escape from, however I began walking down a road  with my legs hurting from cramp and the skin of my toe rubbing raw, I didn't have to wait long before I was picked up and taken to a bridge over the Hyeres next to the camp site where with only a few hundred yards to walk I retrieved my car. On our way back through Karaez I asked what was the bustle was causing the road to be fenced off, before realizing it was the Breton schools fundraising market for which I'd telephoned to have a place to sell my photos but didn't fill in the application form. I got back to my house & kitten, put my feet in warm water, switched on the telly and watched 'Carry on Screaming', only because I didn't feel like moving to change channel then Elise came in bringing me a basketful of home grown vegetables. I left the house with 2€ and returned with 2€.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive