Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Thursday 12 October 2017

To recap slightly, now that I'm feeling better and beginning to put back on a bit of weight, a good sign, I want to get out into the fresh air with camera in hand, although I can't go far because I have to be home for the 3 times a day nurses visits. Monday I went out looking for a holy well I saw on one of my French versions of the ordnance survey maps. A few years ago I had in my possession maps for almost the whole of Brittany so that I could search for castles, manor houses, chapels with their holy wells, menhirs and other objects I found particularly interesting, unfortunately I lost them when my car took in water. Anyway I bought two new ones last week; HUELGOAT MONTS D'ARREE & MORLAIX. I went looking for St. Michel/Michael's well I saw on the map but had difficulty finding. I drove to the tourist office in Brasparts but as it was a Monday it was closed. I decided to buy 2 more maps but couldn't find anywhere open. I drove to Commana where I bought neighbouring maps to the ones I already had. After taking advice I drove back to below the chapel where I thought I'd find the well opposite an old creperie, I knocked the door, no answer, I went behind where a man clapped his hands, it was Jean, the old landlord with a reputation of being slightly eccentric, the reason he clapped was that he could hardly speak due to an operation on his cancerous throat 5 years ago so he did it to attract my attraction. I introduced myself, he had a brown paper bag from which he took out a pistol, giving me bad thoughts as we were very isolated, then he signalled me to march on, we crossed the road, he followed with the gun in hand, he walked me further on by clapping and pointing, he directed me on across some type of a garden more isolated, more thoughts, to the left, then to the right, where was he taking me? Then he pointed out the well hidden in the undergrowth. It was a bit of an anti-climax it not being of the quality I was looking for, With a great sense of relief, and disappointment, I walked back to my car and drove home; that was Monday, Tuesday I went by taxi, paid for by the French health system, to the Cavale Blanch/Ar Gaseg Gwenn hospital an hour away in Brest where a plastic tube was inserted by way of the hole in my belly, then filled with water to clean my intestines while manoeuvering the x-ray machine, there was a subsequent problem with the evacuation of the water taking hours to complete. Today (Wednesday) the taxi took me on a half-hour drive to the hospital in Morlaix/Montroulez for my penultimate chemotherapy session. This evening I had a surprise visit from the lovely harpist/singer Dana who gave us a little musical session with her little celtic harp, highly appreciated. http://www.facebook.com/DANAcelticmusic56/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive