Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Fortune smiled


Yesterday morning I prepared to go to Rostrenn as is my wont of a tuesday morning, got in my car, drove around the block, came back into the house and settled in front of the computer with an idea that there is always a reason for these things, ipso facto,  the telephone lit up, it doesn't make a sound so I have to be where I was, it was Lleuwen, whom I wouldn't have heard either if I was on the road to the market (my mobile wasn't working yesterday for some unknown reason, it is today), the result being a few hours later I was a passenger on a different road heading for Lannuon in glorious weather; there we met up with Piau, had a chat, changed cars and went to the beach, not exactly, there was a beach but we went walking, saw Saint Guirecs oratoire with his statue, it used to be of wood, but they changed it to stone because his nose disappeared from the insertion of too many needles after a local legend relating to the timing of a girl's wedding, hopefully within a year; this stone statue didn't have a nose either.
     Guirec was one of the many Welsh Saints/monks who settled in Armorica/Brittany during the 5th & 6th centuries, supposedly crossing the British Sea in granite 'dugout' boats to establish Christian settlements and the first monasteries, churches & Archbishoprics, often it was also to escape the yellow plague epidemic that was in Cymru at the time, it was facilitated by the Welsh, Cornish & Bretons being the same Brythonic/British people and there being little or no French & English interference at the time as their respective Countries were still embryonic Germanic territories governed by pagan tribes of Franks, Angles, Saxons, Jutes & Frieses who had overrun the remnants of the Roman Empire and were living in the dark ages, whilst untouched western Britain & Armorica/Brittany were living in the age of Saints with a university at Llanilltud Fawr where many of these Saints, including Patrick, were educated.
              The church was nearby so was a bar where we refreshed ourselves after our little promenade before returning home in the early evening, a gorgeous day in pleasant company, or was that a pleasant day in gorgeous company, no matter, I had an unexpected marvellous day out.
             Today I'm on the last 20 pages of Nicholas Nickleby which I have been for the last four hours because my transfer of 12000 songs has got stuck at 9000, however my photos have been satisfactorily transferred from my camera to Picasa & Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive