Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Sunday 17 April 2011

Today's Diary.

Got up just before 6.30am feeling slightly despondent, drove up to Montroulez with the petrol gauge alight, meaning that any money for photos sold would be soon soaked up. I set up my stall then found a parking space a good way up a hill to get a bit of exercise on my way back which is the best medicine for my diabetes. A few friends passed by, always had good custom from Montroulez having a particular rapport with Ty Coz, some of whom bought some photos, earning me 40 euros, meaning I could buy petrol with some over for milk, cheese & yogurt. Joe, a musician bought a photo and invited me to a music festival at a farm in Brasparts tonight with food and drinks offered but I felt I had to decline, My friend Pascal came passed a second time, having previously bought photos, to invite me to share a barbecued sausage & chips for lunch with him and his wife & daughter. After the meal I drove to the petrol station & shop with fingers crossed, ok, got onto the homeward road intending to drive straight back but when I approached  a roundabout with a sign pointing to Saint Thegonnec I couldn't resist turning off to take photos of their famous church architecture and calvaire. On my detoured return I passed by a village I'd never seen before, took more photos, drove on in glorious weather which was giving me ideas; I'd already got out a book in the basilica or great church of Folgoad/Folgoet searching for some kind of personal spirituality but I found it claustrophobic, this experience came back to mind in Saint Thegonnec so I thought of doing the same thing, only this time not inside the church but in the unclaustrophobic environment of the roof of Breizh/Brittany, the top of the Menez Arrée, so after I finished capturing the panorama I settled down in the calm sunny, slightly breezy atmosphere to participate in the not quite so calm atmosphere of the non-wedding between Jane Eyre & Edward Rochester, I found nature superior for my needs to all the stained glass windows and multifarious church ornamentations. As the sun was beginning to set I closed the book and moved on, this time I remembered another sign and looked out for it, I turned and discovered a menhir then continued to a surprisingly lovely and aesthetically interesting hamlet, every street and lane was beautifully signposted in Breton, it depends on the administering village and the personality of its mayor, in this case La Feuillée (in Plouie/Plouye we've lost out), the hamlet being Kerelcun, beautiful. I took a walk around, there was a huge garden or small park with a large pond and wheeled mill, a large granite rock and renovated housing, there were wells, a lavoir, calvaires, and another garden with a stream leading to three ponds, one of which had a gaggle of geese, whilst another had male & female mallards accompanying my first ever aquatic mammal, which from a distance I took to be a young beaver, swimming around, laying on its back and resting near the bank, unfortunately the battery had run out on my camera, I even spotted an unexpected HB registration which was formerly the Merthyr lettering. I went back to my car and following an old road, got lost, for 10 minutes anyway, before doing a full circle and eventually arriving home far less despondently than setting out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive