Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Pub or Politics?

I've been posting polemical arguments to provoke the thought processes, sometimes by being the Devil's advocate. I run a pub, and pubs & politics don't go together. I was very active politically in Wales, but we went to rooms to discuss affairs and to vote on them, and when finished went to the nearest bar, because a pub is for conviviality, not for bickering. However a country without a language is a country without a heart, and there've been too many transplants in Wales & Brittany where the languages remind me of the melting of the polar icecap. It is obvious that with minorities being overrun there is more immigration than is helpful which creates an imbalance that can be controlled only with difficulty, e.g. incoming businesses; shops, factories and pubs refusing the language of the area, that is despicable, it doesn't help either when party members from outside become local councillors with no knowledge of, forethought nor intent to save our communities, but also the Bretons & the Welsh are their own worst enemies, not helping the situation any. I believe in self determination for the historical peoples such as the Welsh, Bretons, Scots, Catalans, Basques etc., etc. This may (or may not) be my last word on the subject, but If you want the best Breton beers, a very eclectic music collection of Breton, Welsh, Irish, world, rock and folk music, then come and join me, but no politics please; conviviality is the name of the game. Facebook is as much a tool to bring in customers as anything, obviously not all of my almost 3000 f/b contacts are personal friends, though many of you are real friends who have been with me all my life. If I was only to rely on nationalists I could close tomorrow! If I was only to rely on musicians I could close tomorrow, same with bikers, or Welsh. The only sure thing is the Bretons, obviously for that's where I live, and they all have conflicting attitudes, Breton speakers who are against the language, and non- Breton speakers who are for, Bretons for re-unification, others who don't accept Nantes as Breton, though I must say that as far as I know I've never met a fascist in my life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive