Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Monday 26 December 2011

Boxing Day Thoughts


On the 'aube' of Christmas day I looked around youtube for seasonal music in Breton & Welsh; it was easy to get results for 'Nadolig' but not so easy for 'Nedelig' which is the Breton equivalent; My time was wasted looking for what wasn't there, until I remembered that Elise doesn't say Nedeleg, she says what sounds like Nool, which I thought was a joke, but on looking around a bit more I became successful when latching on to 'Nouel' and J. F Kemener.
  I've mentioned this topic before, but today I went to the village square and passed by newly erected signs all monolingually French; the population has been force fed the language of Paris so that everyone speaking it and not eveyone speaking Breton anymore has become the excuse, even though bi-lingual signs would have been financed. We have seen last week in Gwengamp that there is a movement in Brittany to save French and ban Breton, if that's not standing the situation on its head...!!!
  I should be back behind the bar in roughly about 5 months, but every time I mention a figure it goes farther away. It crosses my mind that the longer time goes by the more chance there is of certain of my bad customers moving away, such as: the girl who stole from me; the neighbours who can't tell the difference between being blind drunk and convivially merry; the drunks that come in from my brother-in-law's because his attitude is that he is employed as a barman which is not a policeman by another name, therefore it's not for him to do their job for them; I don't want to see the no longer a youth who stole my car 3 times in the same week, nor the anarchist who spat at me. My key word is 'conviviality', and my motto is 'positive atmosphere accepted, negative atmosphere rejected.' There haven't been many 'negative atmospheres in 30 years, and when you've got the customers I have it's a joy, pity about the imbeciles who can take over when it's quiet, who have no idea of traditional pub mentality, chatting over a pint of real ale and/or a measure of good whisk(e)y whilst absorbing the best music I have to offer. It's time to get back to work; my photos have flopped as I've no money for petrol or car insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive