Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Saturday 31 December 2011

Welsh Magic

I've made a point of having the best quality drinks possible in my pub and I've always enjoyed a good beer, I was ecstatic when two boys came to me with their idea of building a brewery at Morlaix in the Breton desert which became 'Coreff', but my drinking's been in public, the beer was the key to savouring the ambiance; I've never been in a home sitution where I can play some music or switch on the television or radio, make myself comfortable, put on my slippers, slowly & methodically pour out a beer, raising the glass containg the magic potion to my lips savouring it for what it is, tasting and appreciating the ensemble of ingredients, mainly hops & malted barley that the alchemist has successfully mixed together,  until relatively recently. Three or four times a year my friend of long standing, Gareth Westacott from Tredegar, gets off the ferry in Roscoff and heads for Liliane Madec's home in Kemper, he's developing a pleasing habit of calling in on the way down with a selection of Welsh artisanal beers, and that's what happened this morning. I had the pleasant surprise of waking up to see Gareth & Liliane standing there; they've just left but not before leaving behind 'Felinfoel Double Dragon', 'Tomos Watkin's Cwrw Hâf, and 'Cwrw Gwlêdd - Bragdy Conwy. Now I can look forward to the new year, not in dance or feast, but with some of the best beers that Cymru has to offer, consciously and deliberately savouring their respective seemingly magical blends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive