Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Sunday 8 May 2011

Arthur, Myrddin/Merlin & the Harp

The harp is the national instrument of Cymru, and until recently every welcoming hearth possessed one. Arthur was the all conquering Welsh hero, he may not have been a king and 'Arthur' may only have been his nom de guerre, but he kept the marauding Germans at bay both in Brittany & Britain (Franks, Angles, Saxons and Jutes),  his victory at Mount Badon earned 50 years of peace and a golden age for the Britons while he lived. What do these people have in common: Alan Stivell; Alison Kinnaird; An Triskell; Ar Lôg; The Barra MacNeils; Cecile Corbel; Chris Newman; Claire Hamilton; Cormac de Barra; Corinna Hewart; Crasdant; Delyth Jenkins; Dominig Bouchaud; Elinor Bennett; Grainne Yeats; Gwenael Kerleo; Gwenola Ropars; Laoise Kelly; Sayo & Sebastien Lipman; Llio Rhydderch; Maire ni Chathasaigh; Meinyr Heulyn; Myrdhin; Rhes Ganol; Rachel Ann Morgan; Robin Huw Bowen; Siân James; Siobhan Owen; Soazig; Violaine Alfaric; Wendy Stewart and Ysbryd Chouchen? They are all playing the harp for me today accompanying my reading of Bernard Cornwall's 'The Winter King', to be followed by 'Enemy of God' & 'Excalibur', 3 volumes of 'The Warlord Chronicles', a high moment of my life that I've unknowingly waited 60 years for, strange how things come together. If I don't read another book I've found what I was looking for, and so has Merlin. Ysa Harpiste is another that would normally be on this list as she is one of a small group, numbering Alan Stivell, An Triskell, Ar Lôg, Elinor Bennett, Gwenael Kerleo, Siân James and Violaine Alfaric whom I've had the pleasure of seeing live, unfortunately she is not in my collection. Ah, my senses are touching on the sublime. The past is but a thread to the present & the future, not to be sat upon, but that's a mixed metaphor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive