Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Thursday 26 May 2011

Searching for Myrddin/Merlin

I've been reading so much about Myrddin/Merlin recently I thought I'd go and pay him a vist in the enchanted forest of Broceliande but Nimue/Viviane wouldn't let him out. I started my journey late because I couldn't and didn't find an important key, never mind I'd made my mind up to go. I drove straight to Sant Meven/Saint Méen, having driven through there once previously I 'd noticed a multiplicity of towers that intrigued me so I added it to my itinerary, this set me back; however when I got to my targeted destination, the Chateau de Comper, it was closing day wednesday; I drove around to Merlin's tomb and Viviane's fountain then on through Paimpont to take some photos of the castle in Josselin before nightfall, bypassing some interesting stuff on the way, enough to want to go back next time I'm able to fill up my petrol tank, too late, it was still light when I arrived and parked my car, I hurriedly walked down to the river, but by the time I got there the light had turned, all the same I took a few photos; I made my way slowly, no hurry now, back up to my car stopping off at a bar to quench my thirst with a quality beer from the local micro-brewery, Brittany's second after Coreff in date of establishment. Its founding owner/brewer by a magical coincidence, not a reincarnated medieval knight, but a more mundane Monsieur Bernard Lancelot, giving it the name 'Brasserie Lancelot' which fits in perfectly with the regional ambiance even if it is just outside the forest perimeter. Before leaving my house I'd prepared all my maps only to leave them on the settee, so I asked directions from the only customer and headed back to Plouie/Plouye. As I was approaching Loudeac I thought I'd take a detour through the town centre when my Arthurian dreams of castles, Merlin/Myrdddin, Viviane/Nimue and the romance of the middle ages came to an abrupt end when at 11.15 pm I was pulled over by two members of the local force for peace who checked my papers and had me blow into a breathalyser, no result and nothing out of order, after a couple of questions  intersperced with the saxon tongue, I told them I was Welsh, they then very politely let me go on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive