Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Wednesday 1 December 2010

First Day of December, 2010


What a day! Went to the funeral of my old friend and most regular customer, Mich Rochard in the church of Saint Teilo at Landelo/Landeleau and it was full; facing us was a large stained glass window depicting the Saint on a deer, it was a circumpherential ride on this animal which was at the origins of the community that grew up around the church, and as I come from the diocese of Saint Teilo in Cymru/Wales it gave me an added incentive to go back to the church where I got permission to take a photo. The family went to Chateauneuf du Faou for a coffee & crepes, as is the tradition, whilst some of us went to the nearest bar for a drink to his memory; it was whilst in this bar that I heard of an old disused chapel in the vicinity, I didn't manage to find it, although I did find some other subjects; in the meantime there was a heavy snowfall that made driving difficult, too difficult for yours truly as I duly slid the car into a deep ditch; after telephoning around to no avail I started to walk home under a heavy fall, turning whiter with each step until I saw some bright headlights approaching me; I stopped the vehicule, providentially it was a huge tractor, followed by another one, carrying two young farmers home after their day's work was done, fortunately they agreed to help me, only problem, they didn't have anything to pull the car with, but the first car I stopped did, mercifully they got me back onto the road and after I thanked them, I don't know how, but  I managed to get home with the car sliding all the way. Now I've warmed up some food which I'm going to eat in front of the telly directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive