Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Friday 10 December 2010

Harder Times Ahead

Last week I skidded on the ice, this week it's my c.d's; I initially bought and recorded DVD+R's, and they work well, then I went back to the shop to restock and because it was the end of the month, which meant the end of my bank card for a while, I bought more than I would normally have done, which wouldn't matter because it was a short term investment that only needed recording and distribution. Warning bells sounded when Helen brought her disc back because it wasn't accepted by her DVD player, turned out that they were incompatible CD-R's; all was not lost because I discovered a logicial or means of reparation; I converted them to compatability, did 5 and went to bed at 2.40 am. Next day I went back to work, except that it was an expired trial offer which I had to buy to continue, but if I can't sell them I can't put money into the bank to enable me to use my card. I went back to 'Real' which holds my files, they burn video and audio but not data; I have other ways of burning discs but they can't pick up on my 'Real' files. In the mean time I had a rendezvous to see someone about helping me with my bills, and as my car wouldn't start my son took me there. When  we arrived I told him not to wait because I didn't know how long I was staying;  I got in the office only to be told that the person responsible was off sick, but by the time I got back out he'd gone. I managed to find somene an hour or so later to bring me home, where I continued wasting my time working on the computer until I decided to give up and go to Karaez/Carhaix for more DVD's, trouble is they're more expensive; my neighbour gave me hand to start the car, so I drove down to Karaez and as I got into the town the radio cut out, and everything else electric, then the engine started to give up on me and I hobbled along to the nearest garage where they told me that the faults were independent of each other and that he couldn't do anything at 4 o'clock on a friday evening anyway, whereupon I telephoned my son who brought me home; to top it all I arrived back at 5 o'clock to see a note in the door telling me that Yvon le Bras had been at the house 15 minutes earlier to share cans of Guinness with me. The only good thing to have come out of  this week was listening to Lleuwen's voice on Radio Cymru last night. One thing I can say with certainty is that without a car to get around, cancelling and postponing will be the order of the day with things are looking very dark indeed. I had hoped that this week-end would finance next week, now I don't know where to turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive