Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Bro Naoned & me

Last saturday I took part in a human fresco, a co-ordinated, choreographed show of solidarity to re-unify Brittany and to return Nantes to the fold from which it was taken in 1941 under the Vichy regime of Marechal Petain. During the war there were two Frances; French fought French in Indo-China, North Africa, The Lebanon and elsewhere, only the end of the war could decide which one was legitimate. Because victory went to the Allies and not to the Axis forces it was Petain, the hero of Versailles who was declared a traitor, and not De Gaulle, but it was his status, earned during the first world war, that eventually saved his life: of course if the Nazis had won then De Gaulle would have been executed and France would have continued under German hegemony exactly as it began centuries ago in Gaul, thereby turning full circle. Laws passed by Pétain were rescinded, but for some politico-economic reasons a line was drawn separating the historic home of the Dukes of Brittany from the rest of the Bretons; five départements became four. There is hope that under the present discussions on regional re-organization, a seventy year old administrative 'faux pas' will be redressed. I was invited to the demonstration, firstly, as I am a member of the movement, and secondly, it was thought that I could use the microphone to benefit from the turn out and plead my case; I live my life in public, but I am no public speaker, and as it is highly embarassing to speak for oneself I handed the mike to others. I am awaiting the red light from the owners who are in discussion about the reconstruction, and as such my life is on hold. If it turns out that the pheonix is unable to rise out of the ashes, funds will be needed to begin again at a different location and all contributions will be duly noted. I apologise to Glenn, but after having driven so far, there was no way that I was coming straight back to Plouye, I therefore took time off to go around the area taking photos of megaliths, and enjoying what could possibly be paradoxically my last time off for a very long time. On arriving back at Plouye I set up my laptop only to find that it had died on me, but on taking it back to the local 'Centre Leclerc' where it was purchased, they very kindly lent me another given the necessity of my having one at this moment. To top it off, this morning I was watching a television programme on travel, that became interesting to me when they began speaking about Wales, at that moment I stepped on a wire, the television switched off and when it came back on the subject had ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive