Bun's Miscellaneous

Bun's Miscellaneous
The third of my sites. My first site is personal, the second about the pub, this site is for anything that takes my fancy..

My Music

http://www.last.fm/user/BynTyElise/library

Thursday 2 March 2017

St David's Day 2017

Back from Brest, taxi there and back, daffodils throughout the route, I forgot to wear a daffodil/leek so that nobody could mistake me for an Englishman, although some idiot in a British charity, with no thought of Wales, as usual, has chosen the daffodil for its emblem, going through Wales today they would think that the Welsh are especially generous people. First appointment at 1:45pm with nurse whose job was to prepare me mentally for my radiotherapy beginning tomorrow afternoon: 2:30pm appointment for pre-treatment, a simulation to pinpoint the position of the tumour, now I have my first tatoos, 4 of them, tiny and practical, not big and decorative. Because my system is all to pot I went to the toilet before leaving the house, whilst in the waiting room I went again then I was called in, given a little changing room to divest myself of my jacket, pullover and trousers, kept my pants; I took my place on the special bench,and was preparing to position myself when one of the girls mentioned that she hoped that I'd kept everything in and not urinated recently, when I replied that I had internal problems and had to relieve myself often they brought a halt to what they were doing, she told me to go back into the corridor to the water fountain and drink cups of water and that I'd be back in 20 minutes, I was already delayed due to the previous person and was watching the time because of my rendezvous with the nurse for my injections back at the house. Standing in my socks and shirt & trousers I was replenishing my bowels when an hour later I was back on the bench laying down under the ultra-modern machinery that was revolving around me as though subjecting my tumour to radio waves in practice for tomorrow and every day after that for 5 weeks excepting week ends. The chemotherapy begins next week, the two on the same day, half an hour north to Morlaix before turning westwards for an hour's drive to Brest. I got back home 20 minutes in advance of the district nurse, and having dropped my non-residual specially formulated diet I ate properly for the first time in 2 months, Elise's home-made vegetable soup, her home-made mashed potatos with 2 francfurters, and Lleuwen's delcious home-made rice pudding, with a cup of Tetley's tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Annie Ebrel & Nolwen le Buhe

Latest Football Matches

Welsh sports

Merthyr's Finest: The Film

Howard Winstone

http://www.boxing.com/howard_winstone_idol_of_merthyr.html

Jean-Claude Dreyfus, and Merzhin au bar Ty Elise

Amazon

Katelsong

Our World; We are responsible for our children and our childrens' children

Music in Breizh/Bretagne

The Three Tenors

The Thistle & Shamrock; Welsh Roots

Too much Love can Kill You

Natalie, my favourite actress by far

Tribute to Natalie Wood

Elvis - Treat Me Nice

Elvis & Marilyn

Mahalia's Tribute to Elvis

Mahalia Jackson

Brigitte

Marilyn v. Brigitte

Pelé v. Maradonna

John Charles

John Charles

Denis Law

George Best

25 of the Best

Real Madrid

Barbarians v. All Blacks 1973 - That Try

Try of the Century?

French Rugby Tries

Inspirational Moments

Clips

Funniest Commercials

Evene

Followers

Blog Archive